Aircraft Avionics Flight Test
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Want to run this event on-site? Enquire about running this event in-house
This three day module emphasizes the fundamental knowledge needed by evaluators for all aircraft avionics systems evaluations. The lectures lay the foundation on which all avionics systems. Evaluations are accomplished. This module is designed to provide the “big picture” of Systems testing. The course identifies the differences between systems and vehicle testing with emphasis on digital architecture. 1553 Data Bus architecture is described in detail, and the student is also exposed to ARINC 429, Mil-Std 1760, Firewire, EBR-1553 and other future applications. Time, Space, Position Information is described in its relation and importance to Systems testing.
The audience for this course will encompass Flight Test Engineers, Program Managers, military and civilian aerospace workers, Flight Test Range and Instrumentation support. The course is appropriate for newly hired or assigned personnel at these locations as well as seasoned veterans in the Test and Evaluation areas.
What You Will Learn:
Be familiar with types of Data Busses, Avionic systems specifications and regulations, and the causes of EMI. Understand the unique problems associated with Avionics and Weapons Testing,1553 data bus architectures, Data collection, reading, and data analysis procedures.
- Why Systems Flight Test? What are the Differences between Systems Test and P&FQ Testing? What is the difference between Development versus Demonstration Programs? What are the differences between Contractor, DT, and OT Testing
- Time, Space, Position Information (TSPI) What drives TSPI Requirements; and what are the accuracies of TSPI systems in use today?
- Data Bus Architecture; how is data transferred amongst avionics systems? Description, operation and applications of the following data bus types are described: 1553 Data Busses, 1760, ARINC 429/629, EBR 1553, STANAG 3910, Fiber Channel, and TCP/IP.
- Data Acquisition, Reduction and Analysis – How is data acquired from the aircraft? Typical Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) systems are explained as well as digital data and video capture systems.
- Whenever current is flowing EM fields are present; these fields can wreak havoc on aircraft avionics systems. The lectures will cover EMI/EMC, how to test for it (bonding, Victim/Source, Near and Far Field) and how to avoid interference.
Robert E. McShea, B.S. Aeronautical Engineering, Syracuse University, President, Aircraft Avionics Flight Test Consultants, LLC. Previous positions include Director, Avionics and Systems Academic Programs at the National Test Pilot School, Mojave, CA, Senior Technical Specialist at the Northrop Grumman Corporation in Palmdale, California.. He was employed by the Grumman Corporation in Calverton Long Island as a Group Manager for Avionics and Weapons Systems Test, He is the author of the text, Test and Evaluation of Aircraft Avionics and Weapons systems, 2nd edition which is used as a text for this course.He is now a consultant for systems engineering for the future IAMD system.
REGISTRATION: There is no obligation or payment required to enter the Registration for an actively scheduled course. We understand that you may need approvals but please register as early as possible or contact us so we know of your interest in this course offering.
SCHEDULING: If this course is not on the current schedule of open enrollment courses and you are interested in attending this or another course as an open enrollment, please contact us at (410)956-8805 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the course name, number of students who wish to participate. and a preferred time frame. ATI typically schedules open enrollment courses with a 3-5 month lead-time. To express your interest in an open enrollment course not on our current schedule, please email us at email@example.com.
|Cybersecurity Foundations||Register interest|
|Electronic Warfare: Overview of Technology & Ops||Register interest|
|Fix EMI Problems in Cables & Connectors – FREE short session||Register interest|
|Tactical & Strategic Missile Guidance||Register interest|