Applied Technology Institute (ATI)
Applied Technology Institute (ATI) has specialized in short course technical training in satellite communications, space, defense, radar, sonar & acoustics, signal processing, and specialized engineering / systems engineering since 1984. We provide open enrollment offerings and on-sites. Our clients include DOD, government agencies, military, government and military contractors, technical industries, NASA facilities, and aerospace contractors.
ATI is offering new On-Demand Video courses. To register for online classes, visit the On-Demand classes.
Watch the Demo of our System Engineering Fundamentals On-Demand course.
Don’t miss our BLOGS! A new one is regularly posted with interesting and relevant information.
Posted On January 3, 2023
Counter UAS Operations involve both monitoring for the presence of drones, and countermeasures to debilitate the drone once detected. Both monitoring and debilitating can be done in a variety of ways. This blog describes methods, but more can be learned about Counter UAS Technology by taking the upcoming ATI course, Counter UAS Technology and Techniques. You can learn more about this course, and register for it here.
Posted on January 26, 2023
NASA’s Mission Psyche is named after the Comet Psyche, the ultimate destination of the spacecraft going there to learn more about earth origins. Psyche will be launched from the earth with a SpaceX Heavy Falcon Rocket, but further propulsion is being provided by some new technologies first being used on Psyche. If you want to learn more about Rocket Science, consider taking ATI’s upcoming course on the subject. You can learn more about the course, and register for it, at Rockets & Launch Vehicles – Selection & Design
- Open Enrollment / Schedule
- Custom Course (On-Sites) ATI maintains our commitment to customizing our courses to your needs when you have 10 or more students for a class. With prior arrangement, the Custom course offers you flexibility in date, time of class, duration (3 full days or 6 half-days, for example) and whether you want the course as-is or customized to best suit your group’s interests and goals. Also, on a case-by-case basis, we may be able to hold courses at your facility. Depending on the number of students, you can realize a significant savings. Please contact Lisa Badart at 410-227-1284 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Browse Courses By Technical Areas
- Radar, Missiles and Defense
- Space, Satellite & Aerospace
- Systems Engineering & Project Management
- Acoustic & Sonar Engineering
- Engineering, Analysis, and Signal Processing
Here are some of our upcoming courses. Visit our ATI Schedule.
Upcoming Free short sessions
Satellite Communications Design and Engineering – 7-9 Feb-2023 – Robert Summers
Satellite Communications Systems – Advanced – 14-16 Feb-2023 – Bruce R. Elbert
Sonar Signal Processing – 14-16 Feb-2023 – Bruce Newhall, Scott Hayek
21st Century Electronic Warfare – 21-23 Feb-2023 – Clayton Stewart
Space Missions Fundamentals – 21-23 Feb-2023 – Mike Gruntman
Random Vibration & Shock Testing – Fundamentals – 28-30 Feb-2023 – Steve Brenner
7-9 Mar-2023 – Christopher Hoeber
Deep Learning Architectures for Defense and Security – 7-9 Mar-2023 – Nasser M. Nasrabadi
Joint Cyberspace Operations – Strategy, Policy, and Doctrine – 14-Mar-2023 – Benjamin Leitzel
Launch Vehicle Design, Selection, Performance, & Use – March 14-16, 2023 – Daniel Moser
Optical Communications Systems – 21-23 Mar-2023 – James Pierre Hauck
Military Standard 810 Testing – 27-Mar-2023 – Los Angeles CA – Steve Brenner
ATI is looking for instructors – Are you a subject matter expert willing to prepare and present a course in satellite communications, space, defense, radar, sonar & acoustics, signal processing, or systems engineering? Do you know someone outstanding in any of these areas who may want to teach? ATI prides itself in having industry leaders as our instructors and we are looking for new ones. If you have interest or a referral contact Bob McLeod at 410 428 9919 or via email at email@example.com