Advancing Your Career By Publishing Your Research
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Want to run this event on-site? Enquire about running this event in-house
This unique 2-day course is designed for scientists at all levels who wish to advance their careers. Publishing is a critical step on the road to career success – and this is the only course providing a proven methodology for easily turning research data into publications. You’ll learn many easy-to-use hands-on techniques that have shown hundreds of scientists how to write up their research for prestigious journals. You’ll learn where to submit your research in order to have it accepted – and where not. You’ll learn how to leverage publishing as a reliable career-building strategy – instead of it just being “hit-and-miss.” The course is co-taught by a former scientific journals editor and a recently retired government senior scientist who published over 80 peer-reviewed articles and served as a reviewer of over 100 papers.
Special and Unique Benefits: This course provides “insider knowledge” from an experienced scientific journals editor about what scientific journals and publishers expect in regard to manuscript structure and format and required information. Complementing that expertise is the experience of a acclaimed senior scientist who mentored many young researchers about advancing their careers through publishing. Together, these two speakers cover the entire spectrum of publication expertise, from research design and execution, to final acceptance of a manuscript.
Also available as a 1-day course.
What You Will Learn:
- Advance your career by knowing what to publish and where to publish it
- Select the right topic, the right journal, the right length, and the right time to publish a paper
- Turn necessary research activities into steps in the paper-writing process to make drafting articles much easier, using our proven system
- Develop a “Career Advancement Strategy” around publishing
- Use our “Publication Planning Tool” to save you time and get an outline and review draft written quickly
- Master proven organizing tools and techniques to overcome procrastination and writer’s block – and get it written
- Negotiate with journal editors and peer reviewers to clarify the value of your ideas
- Collaborate and communicate with colleagues and co-authors to establish a collegial team
- Follow a proven sequence of steps to effectively transform your research results into a publishable paper
- Utilize practical tools and strategies for organizing information and explaining why it is important and exactly how it advances the field
* Note: Individualized coaching sessions available as follow-on at additional cost.
REGISTRATION: There is no obligation or payment required to enter the Registration for an actively scheduled course. We understand that you may need approvals but please register as early as possible or contact us so we know of your interest in this course offering.
SCHEDULING: If this course is not on the current schedule of open enrollment courses and you are interested in attending this or another course as an open enrollment, please contact us at (410)956-8805 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the course name, number of students who wish to participate. and a preferred time frame. ATI typically schedules open enrollment courses with a 3-5 month lead-time. To express your interest in an open enrollment course not on our current schedule, please email us at email@example.com.
|Business Management for Scientists and Engineers||Register interest|
|Technical Presentation Skills for STEM Professionals||Register interest|